Paralegal (Voting Member) – $50 Annual Membership Fee*
This membership is open to any person currently employed and qualified through education, training, or work experience to perform substantive legal work requiring knowledge of legal concepts and ethics, under the direction of an attorney or other supervising manager.
Paralegal Student (Non-Voting Member) – $25 Annual Membership Fee*
This membership is open to an individual (i) currently enrolled in a formal course of study leading to a position as a paralegal, or (ii) a recent graduate of a paralegal training program who is currently seeking employment as a paralegal.
Associate (Non-Voting Member) – $80 Annual Membership Fee*
This membership is open to law firms, educational facilities and other business entities that are interested in promoting the goals of the paralegal profession by an association with LAPA.
Sustaining (Non-Voting Member) – $50 Annual Membership Fee*
This membership is open to any individual who does not meet the requirements of the aforementioned membership categories but desires to support LAPA.
*Includes $5.00 application fee
- Professional recognition.
- Contact, networking and direct association with other paralegals who share the same interests and goals. Comprehensive bi-annual LAPA Salary, Benefits and Job Satisfaction Survey.
- LAPA’s Newsletter News and Views containing association business, seminar information, articles, national, state and local paralegal profession news, job openings and much more.
- Continuing education through regular meetings and seminars directed to assist paralegals and paralegal students.
- Job Bank.
Goals and Objectives
- To encourage and foster continuing legal education of the members of (LAPA).
- To establish good fellowship and networking among association members, other local paralegal associations, and the members of the legal community.
- To promote the profession of the paralegal; educating the public for the advancement and improvement of the profession; and broadening public understanding of the skills and functions of the paralegal.
- To support and carry out the programs, purposes, aims and goals of the NALA (National Association of Legal Assistants).
- To encourage a high order of ethical and professional attainment.